Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring ....

It's been a while...I know. Love to blog, but sometimes there are road blocks, mental blocks that keep us from doing what we love to do.
It's spring in Texas. If you live here, you know what I mean. Beautiful days and warmer weather. Maybe not in the same day, but nonetheless, better days. The temperatures stay in the 60s and 70s, a little wind, OK, a lot of wind, and the sudden urge to become the weed-pullin', garden rakin',dirt movin',flower plantin'Champion of the South. Then at my age, you become the bent over, moanin', groanin', my "butt" hurts from bending over in the flower bed pullin' weeds, Advil takin' Champion. So I think I'll take it easy this weekend. Got a three day weekend, thanks to a Boss who was as sick of working as the rest of us.

I'm going to look around and enjoy the sights of Spring. There are so many beautiful areas here in Fort Worth, with flower gardens, water falls, art, music and great food, that I would be hard pressed to not enjoy what is around me. Having grown up here, sometimes we overlook what is in our own backyard. I will have my camera out with me, so look forward to some great pictures as spring continues to bloom and flower. Hopefully, it will give you the "urge" to get out and enjoy this amazing State we live in. At least until June rolls around with about four months of searing, suffocating heat. Oh, don't get me wrong, I cannot imagine living anywhere else, but around July 4th, the stayin' in the house, lazin' around a pool,runnin' from air conditioned car to air conditioned building, "it's too dang hot to go anywhere" Champion emerges and Spring becomes a distant memory.

Have a wonderful day...God Bless you all, and God Bless Texas !

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment