Thursday, May 17, 2012

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms, Mothers, and Mommies out there. There have been so many in my life, that it's hard to know where to start. So let's just start in the most logical place, my Mother. I praise God that no matter what, Mother got us up every Sunday and took us to church. Mother and Daddy came from different religious backgrounds and gave up their own personal feelings, compromised by agreeing on a church,and making sure we were there on Sunday mornings.
My Granny and Grandma were strong determined women,pioneer spirits who lived tough, hard working lives. Having married young,farmed and survived the worst possible circumstances. They raised their children the best they could despite difficult times.

My Mother in law was a problematic person. She loved her children and her husband even during dark states of mind. She was raised in a similiar home, bringing into her adult life the anger, suspicion, depression known as Schizophrenia. Despite her moods changes, she had loving, caring moments. During one of these moments she sat me down, two weeks before my wedding and told me all the challenging personality traits of my soon to be husband. "Now", she said, "if you still want to marry him, remember what I have told you. If you take him, he's yours. No exchanges, no refunds"!

Then, there are my Daughters in law.   Ashley...my son who would not date in high school because he did not like, or trust the morals, or personalities of the girls he met there. Most of whom he had known throughout elementary, middle and high school. Guess he had plenty of time to develop character analysis. The first day of college, he came home and announced that he had found the girl he wanted to marry. I'm not sure if he had even spoken to her that first day, but he was certainly determined. Now almost 12 years later, and four beautiful children, they are happily married. She is a Godly woman, who loves my son. How could I not love her?
 
Melony...married our oldest son after failed relationships and his 10 year marriage to the wrong person. Melony is bright, bubbly, and the Mother to two beautiful little girls and the step mother to our grandson. However, she has accepted him and loved him as her own, so we don't use the "step" word. She loves my son with such devotion, it's hard to believe that they haven't always been together. How could I not love her?
And of course, our daughter, Starla. A very long story surrounds this child of mine, but let's just save that for another day. Starla is beautiful, sweet, soft hearted and determined. Determined to be the best wife and mother that she can be. Her husband spoke very little English when she met him, but with love and determination they formed a way of communication that now has helped him to understand and speak his new language. They have two children, less than two years apart in age. Through amazing love and determination, she has helped them grow to be intelligent and independent. She's a great Mom, and a very special person...not to mention the daughter that God felt we needed.
There are so many other Moms that have made am impact on my life, such as my friend, Cindy. Since the 6th grade we have stayed in touch, gone to each other's childrens birthday parties, baby showers, and grandbabies birthday parties. We have talked, about our children and our husbands, difficulties in our lives, and mourned the loss of parents together. She is an inspiration, and holds a huge part of my heart. She is a wonderful sweet friend and I love her to pieces.

There are the ladies I work with, Mothers all, women in my Sunday School class, etc,etc. Thank you God for each one of these. You knew who I needed, and when I needed them. I praise Him for the lessons learned,and the Mothers that I have loved. I look forward to the years ahead, knowing that at some point I will meet another Mom who will be added to my heart's list...making them as important as the ones' who have gone before.

Proverbs 31: 28-29 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”

No comments:

Post a Comment