Saturday, September 13, 2014

Texas....born and raised.  Wouldn't change that for the world.  I am a Texan and dang proud of it. I cannot imagine living anywhere else.  However.....
as long as I live I will never get used to our weather. We have Spring and Fall for about 2 days each (it seems). Winters are usually mild. Summers are HOT, humid and miserable, for months on end. We start wearing shorts about mid March and continue wearing them until around Thanksgiving.  As a child I remember a few Christmas' in shorts.

Then you have years like 2014. We had a very mild summer, not getting into the triple digits until August, and those being very few.  But this past week, it was back to our normal Texas heat wave. I think the "official" temperatures were 99 and even 100 a couple of days.  But I don't care what was "official", the thermometer in my car said 102 and 103 all week long! and I felt every bit of it.  It was hot and humid....not sure why I bothered fixin' my hair.  Then we have the old Texas weather rule, if you don't like the weather, wait around a minute and it will change.  Brother, is that the truth.  On Thursday, officially, it was in the 90s. The high on Friday was 73 !  Right now, early morning Saturday....it is "officially" 59 degrees.  Welcome to Texas ! 

As our weather gets cooler, it makes it easier to spend time outside away from the air conditioner. For me that's usually around 80 degrees.  I get tired of being kooped up in the house, unless I want to be there. Hopefully, everyone has a wonderful late summer, early fall.  Enjoy some outside time, 'cause you never know when the weather will change again.




 
 
 
 


 
The Message
When the clouds are full of water, it rains. When the wind blows down a tree, it lies where it falls. Don’t sit there watching the wind. Do your own work. Don’t stare at the clouds. Get on with your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment