Sunday, September 7, 2014

It has been over a year since I have written on my blog. I apologize for seeming to ignore what I started several years ago. Initially, I began this blog as a way to express myself during a difficult situation.  My Mother had Alzheimer's and we lived with her...she was unable to care for herself and it was completely unsafe for her to live alone.  I loved most of the time we spent together...therapy thru painting, long drives that seemed to calm her in the beginning, having picnics to get her out of the house, etc.  But I admit there were times that were beyond my control, and I did not like what I had to do.  We lost Mother in March of this year.  I haven't really "mourned" her loss, because that process started many years ago when she was diagnosed.  Her death was the end of her pain and that was not to be mourned.   Also, in my last blog we were still expecting the triplets, and I sort of left that one hanging.  Well they arrived in March of 2013, two boys and a girl. Tiny little babies who are now healthy 17 month olds, no longer tiny, and a bundle of energy.

So, you can see that we have been busy, not only with Mother, the triplets, but with health issues that are beginning to subside, but ever present in the back of our minds. Praying that they don't rear their ugly heads again.

I was reading a publication put out by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Assoc. that I receive monthly. It is called Decision.  If you don't get this, get in touch with them and start.  Every month I get something extra special from reading the articles that it contains.  Today, I sat down after lunch to look through it, catching glimpses of the articles I intended to read.  But a couple of them really caught my attention, so I read them before I laid the magazine down.  Each  Decision has a title for that particular publication. Today's was Crisis after Crisis; Who Can Save Us?   Each article inside is in regards to that title.  Pestilence: Ebola in West Africa    -    Persecution: Christians suffer Worldwide for their faith     -    Opression: Religious liberties in Peril in the U.S.

All of these subjects have been previlant in the news in the past few weeks. We are well aware of each. But have we thought about what each means to us?  individually? collectively?   We usually think, Oh, how awful....I'll pray for that.  But do we?  Shouldn't we put our faith into action?   This is an election year. Tell your representatives in Congress to support laws that reflect Biblical truth, and let them know that you will only support candidates who stand courageously against the onslaught of ungodliness. It seems that individually we cannot make a change, but together, we can move mountains.  Although many of the problems our fellow Christians suffer, take place outside the U.S.  Our prayers for our missionaries, and our military who are serving in those areas should be strong and consistent. Not that God doesn't hear us the first time, but we must make our prayers a point of love for our fellow man.

If I may, I would like to quote a phrase from Rev. Billy Graham.  "One of the greatest tragedies in America today is that the Bible is an open book, available to everyone, but to millions of Americans it is a closed book - either because they leave it unread or because they read it without applying it to their personal lives. Men somehow think that in an age of scientific achievement, this ancient book is out of date.  However, I am convinced that the Bible is just as relevant today as it was for the first century."  A return to the Bible and to prayer, would give our world what it is desperately looking for...Security, purpose and  peace.  Woodrow Wilson once said "Give the Bible back to the people, unadulterated, unaltered, unexplained, uncheapened, and then see it work for the whole nation."  It is said that a lion needs no defense - just turn it loose !  Our greatest need at this hour is to turn the Bible loose throughout the world.

If you would like to join me and many others in specific prayer, please take note of these:

1. Saeed Abedini - An American-Iranian pastor, held for the last two years in a foreign prison for preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. His wife has asked that we join a prayer vigil for Saeed and other persecuted Christians. It will be on September 26, 2014.
2.Our Nation and our President -  Most of us do not agree with how things are going in Washington, however, it is not up to us to judge....but it is up to us to pray. The Word of God tells us to submit to the higher authorities. They are only in that position because God put them there.
3. For the removal of ISIS -  That the murders of many suffered at the hand of this Islamic group, will be stopped.                   

I hope that this will open your hearts. Thank you for reading my blog.  I hope to be back on schedule in a few days.  I'm sure I will have more stories from my grandchildren, maybe some recipes, and definitely more opportunities to pray.

God Bless you and keep you.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment