Sunday, October 30, 2011

As many of you know, I began blogging a couple of years ago. The blog was an effort on my part to make others aware of the effects of Alzheimer's Disease on the person with the disease, as well as it's effects on caregivers and family members. In November of 2010 we placed Mother into an Assisted Living facility. She has since been moved to an advanced unit in that same facility. She is loved, well cared for, and seems to have adjusted well to her surroundings. I visit on Mondays and Tuesdays, and my brothers visit her on other days. She tries to remember when we visit, but is not always successful. Having returned to being her daughter, and not her caregiver has made our relationship much less stressful, and even though she's not sure who I am, I know and that allows me to love her for who she is.

I stopped my blog last May, but have missed the process of actually writing, and the interaction I have received from those of you who read my ramblings. This time I will take another direction in my blog, but will also try to keep you all updated on the Alzheimer's front.

Thank you all for taking time to read and follow my blog, and it is so good to be back.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment