Saturday, July 14, 2012


Sorry it has been a while since I've been able to write.  The past month or so has been busy. We are starting a new EMR (electronic medical records) program, so I spent two weeks of working about 87 hours at my "part time" job. That was just the training period for the front office. Now we are starting the training for the nurses. Two more weeks of late dinners, no family, and little rest. I really don't mind, I love my job.  I work with a wonderful doctor, and my co-workers are friends as least on the days we don't try to kill each other !!  That's family though.  In the midst of all that we had a beautiful 4th of July. Until...

July 4th, my husband's niece let us know that her Dad, my husband's youngest brother, had returned to Texas from Colorado for a visit. The following day he was hospitalized...he has had cardiac issues for years. What we found out over the next two days, is that he had essentially been brought home by a friend, to die.  He had been seeing doctors in Colorado who had suggested that he sign on with a local hospice, settle in and wait for "his time" to come.  However, George had different ideas...illogical ideas. He wanted to come home to see his daughter, but then would return to Colorado. The altitude of Canyon City was treacherous for his heart, and the heat of Texas did not help either. George had survived a ruptured aorta several years ago, caused by consistent high blood pressure. He had been given blood pressure meds by his doctor, but when George finished the first prescription, he did not have it refilled.  After his very close call, he went back to life as normal, smoking, not eating properly, and not taking his medications. He had over 10 yrs been in and out of the hospital 3-4 times, had a stent placed, was told repeatedly to stop smoking and to take his medications.  Well, long story short,  he didn't.  After this kind of abuse, your heart just gives out.  George was not a candidate for heart transplant because of his history of non-compliance with his doctors orders.

On July 5th, Bill went to see his brother in the hospital.  George was not happy to be in the hospital, and was making sure that no one else was happy he was there either.  He was terrorizing the nursing staff, yelling, disconnecting his EKG leads (just to see how long it took staff to come to check on him), and using language that cannot be repeated.  Bill had a stern talk with his "little" brother and as lovingly as possible, told him to cool it !  The language was unbearable and embarrassing, and as Bill told George, not necessary. On the following evening, Bill and his sister, Joan went to see George again....this time there was a game plan. To find out exactly what his health issues were, and to have a very special talk with George.  If this was indeed end of life for him, then they needed to make sure of George's salvation.  They did talk to first he was reluctant, then he listened, tears in his eyes,...then they prayed together...and George told his brother and sister that he loved them...and asked that they pray for him. And pray they did, as well as, the greatest prayer warriors I know...our Sunday School class.  On July 7, Saturday, a friend from our Sunday School class offered to go visit George...during his visit George received Christ as his Lord and Savior, securing his place in Heaven.  His attitude changed, his mood changed...and he wanted to go to his daughter's home in Granbury.  Late on Saturday evening, George was transported to Tina's home,followed by Hospice representatives.  On Sunday afternoon, George was having a difficult time, and his daughter seemed to know what was needed.  "Dad, don't worry about me.  I'll be fine. It's time for you to go."  At 4:15pm, George closed his eyes, and was ushered thru Heaven's gates.

George Alvin Tremaine, 57, passed away on July 8, 2012 at the home of his daughter, Tina Tremaine, in Granbury, Tx.   George was born on January 11, 1955 in Fort Worth, Tx. He was a veteran of the VietNam era, having served in the United States Navy. George enlisted into the Navy following graduation from Diamond Hill Jarvis High School in Fort Worth, Tx. Most of his life was lived in the Fort Worth area, but he had lived the past few years in Canyon City, Colorado

At George's request, his remains were cremated, and his ashes to be scattered by his children.There will be no service or memorial per his last request.

George is survived bydaughter, Tina Tremaine and her partner, Kenneth Giles; son, Jeremy Austin Tremaine of Canyon City, CO.  Brothers: Howard Tremaine (Sue),Donald Tremaine (Pam), Bill (Linda). Sisters: Sherry Dwindell (Harry), Joan Brown (Don), Dorine Bratcher (Bill) and Marilyn Tremaine, 17 nieces and nephews and numerous great nieces and great nephews.

Romans 6:22-23

 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.


  1. This is a beautiful tribute to George. God brought him to Texas so he would be sure to hear the gospel and receive Christ's free gift of salvation. George was small throughout his days at Diamond Hill-Jarvis but I'll always remember at our twentieth reunion that he was at least a foot taller than in high school! What a handsome man he was. My deepest sympathy for you and all your family.

  2. George, Bill and you have been on my mind and in my prayers quite often. I am sorry to hear of his passing. I know you and Bill loved him dearly.
    I am now asking for prayers for our niece, Jonie Richey, her husband Danny and their family. Sat evening their 5 yr old son was killed. He was playing drive the truck like daddy outside in Danny's pickup. Somehow Alex was able to engage the gear shift and the truck started rolling backward. He tried to jump out but the door knocked him to the ground and the truck ran over him. Please pray for the Holy Spirit to comfort them and see them through this tragedy. Love you Linda and Bill.